Emmett’s Grange has been the magical ending to a fortnight of mixed emotions. Having so suddenly lost our adorable little spaniel Lily and then experiencing the joy of our daughter’s wedding, we cannot begin to thank you enough for your kindness and generosity. We have immensely enjoyed the relaxation of the tranquil surroundings, the sounds of birds and watching and spending time with your beautiful horses. It has been an absolute delight to stay in your exceptionally beautiful home; so full of elegance, charm and character, along with the touch of your own personal belongings, family photos and history which has been such an added bonus and very much enjoyed.
You are such a lovely lady, so friendly, warm and smiley and so welcoming. We certainly look forward to seeing you again. Cannot wait to tell all our family and friends of the last few days.
Jan and Mark
Here you will find links to our affilites and such.
Heres some links to other holiday cottages in Somerset, Cornwall, Devon and the rest of the UK. If you want more, you can search for more at his link - My Favourite Holiday Cottages in Somerset.
Listed on the Large Holiday Cottages page on My Favourite Holiday Cottages
- Well situated on the outskirts of the lively town of Barnstaple and only 15 mins from the beach, Pine Lodge is the perfect place for an extended family to take a lovely family holiday. There is loads of space and a huge garden with tree house for children to play safely.
- Bugford Cottages
- Kittiwake Cottage
- Within easy reach of the Exmoor National Park and the North Devon Beaches of Saunton, Croyde and Woolacombe, Higher Muddiford Farmhouse is in a perfect location for a cottage holiday. With 5 bedrooms sleeping 2-10 guests it is perfect for a large family holiday or for groups of friends.
- Offers spacious accommodation for 6 people in 3 bedrooms, The Byre comprises a double ( en-suite) and a twin and a large bunk-bed with a family shower room with sink and toilette. There is a large open garden and a smaller enclosed garden immediately outside the cottage.
- There is something about Cornborough that will take you back to memories of blissful childhood summers spent happily playing in the woods and swinging on a rope-swing attached to the old tree. Cornborough is a beautiful 5 bedroom country house on the North Devon coast and offers guests a chance to enjoy luxurious grandeur from a time gone by.
- Situated just on the edge of the popular seaside town of Woolacombe, Devon Beach Court is a perfect apartment in which to enjoy a family holiday in North Devon. The apartment sleeps 4 in two lovely bedrooms, one double with en-suite and a bunk room for the kids.
- A luxury holiday home in the rural North Devon village of Bratton Fleming. Prospect House has been recently refurbished to a very high standard, the Victorian property provides the ideal location for all the family to enjoy. Just a short drive away is the golden sands of Saunton, Croyde and Woolacombe beaches.
- A collection of three lovingly converted farm cottages in West Cornwall overlooking the sea at Lamorna Cove. Borah Farm all have their own garden and hot-tub and offer guests a wonderful holiday experience.
- Alexandra House offers people with severe disabilities a place to take a well- earned break. Alexandra House is situated on the edge of the North Devon village of Braunton which is only 2 miles from the glorious accessible beach at Saunton Sands.
- If your looking for a real farm experience in a quiet location, then Down Farm is perfect, Love North Devon are two lovingly converted farm cottages for rent. They are both very well equipped with everything you would need for a relaxing family holiday. Outside you have loads of grounds to roam in freely.
- This stunning “upside-down” house has been decorated and furnished to the highest standard. Abscott Cottage sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms, all with en-suite bathrooms and plenty of storage space for hanging clothes.
- A luxury 5 bedroom holiday house, Southclay is located in the timeless village of Abbottsham, a quiet village in North Devon. It sleeps 12 people and has loads of room for a wonderful family holiday.
- For anyone looking to find a quiet cottage in the country then Crooked Lake Cottage is certainly that. Set in a lovely wooded valley and situated just on the edge of an ancient wood, the cottage is very quiet, and perfect for a relaxing get-away.
- Set in the beautiful Croyde Bay, Oyster Cove is an ideal holiday home for anyone looking to enjoy the surf. The beaches and sand dunes of Croyde Bay are only a short stroll away for long days on the beach, whilst the village of Croyde has plenty of pubs and restaurants to keep you entertained during the evenings.
- Tucked away high above the charming Exmoor village of Withypool are Leys Farm Cottages comprising two beautiful farm cottages, Leys and Foxtwitchen. Leys sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms and Foxtwitchen sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms.
- The Cornish village of Crantock is a secret jewel on the North Cornwall coast and Berwyn house is set on the outskirts of the village and a short stroll along a footpath to the lovely sandy beach which is often so quiet you could have it all to yourselves.
- Set in their own grounds Parkgate Cottages are a collection of five cottages that have been lovingly converted from old farm buildings to provide top quality self-catering accommodation for up to 12 in 2 of the cottages. There is a smart tennis court and a large play area for the children to enjoy.
- If you are looking for a quiet place to escape the crowds then The Garden Cottage in Kinscott, North Devon is just perfect. The cottage has been beautifully refurbished and offers 2 people an ideal bolt-hole from every day chaos. The cottage overlooks the garden and green fields.
- As a base for a break in the heart of the beautiful North Devon countryside Rock Cottage is ideal. It is situated on the outskirts of a lovely village with a great pub only 50m down the road and stunning countryside walks all around.
- Nestling gently above the cliffs in between Mortehoe and Ilfracombe you will find Lee Manor Farm, a charming collection of converted farm cottages sleeping in between 4 and 12 people in luxury self-catering accommodation.
- Offering guests an all-inclusive self-catering holiday, Sherrill Farm Holiday Cottages comprises a collection of lovingly converted farm cottages sleeping from 2 to 22.There is a large swimming pool, Jacuzzi , sauna, games room and a well-equipped outside play area for young children.
- Dating back to the 17th century, Old Maids Cottage has had a famous World War 1 'hit song' written about it and the 3 old maids that lived there. Two of the bedrooms of this luxurious seaside cottage are en-suite and the other has a family shower-room next door.
- Surrounded by lovely gardens and beautiful countryside would be enough for most holiday cottages but Warcombe Farmhouse is also perched high on the cliff overlooking the sea. It is within easy reach of the North Devon coast and the amazing sandy beaches.
- If you’re looking for some away-from-it-all luxury then Litton Farm provides guests with the perfect bolt-hole to enjoy the wilds of Exmoor, with a 200 acre estate all to yourself.
- This old hunting lodge which sleeps 8 guests in 4 bedrooms offers a rare insight into how life would have been like in Scottish Highlands years ago, only now Stalkers Cottage has been converted into a beautiful self-catered cottage, sleeping 8 people.
- Sleep 27 people in total, 11 in Dolly’s, 6 in Aggies and 10 in the Farmhouse Higher Mullacott Farm offers a choice of beautifully furnished holiday cottages. All the cottages have been lovingly renovated to a very high standard and provide high quality self-catered accommodation.
- A lovely 3 bedroom cottage perched high above Loch Duich, Tigh an Aullt nestles and in the shadow of the “Five Sisters of Kintail”. The cottage consists of a large double bedroom with en-suite bathroom and a jacuzzi bath, a large twin bedroom and a separate bunk bedroom. In the family bathroom there is a real Swedish Sauna.
- With three very large bedrooms, Warren Cottage offers two doubles with luxurious en-suite bathrooms and a lovely twin room with a large family bathroom immediately opposite. Downstairs there is a huge lounge and large dining room with a classic refectory table for large family dining.
- For lovers of wildlife both land and sea, Lochend Cottage offers an amazing wealth of both. Situated where it is, just on the edge of a small loch and nestling beneath some impressive mountains, there are rare birds to be seen every day and the coastline is full of seals and even passing whales.
- A well-equipped holiday cottage, Marsh Cottage is set in the North Devon countryside not far from Barnstaple. Sleeping 7 + 2 in 4 bedrooms Marsh Cottages also has a children's games room, and a south facing lawned garden with a large extendable table.